International Rescue Committee (IRC Denver)
Family Mentor Intern
|Est. Hours:||10-15 hours per week|
The IRC in Denver’s Family Mentor program helps to provide additional support to newly-arrived families and individuals by paring them with a volunteer mentor. The Family Mentor intern will oversee this program and ensure that all clients have access to a Family Mentor and will serve as a liaison between direct service staff and volunteer mentors.
- Ensure all IRC in Denver clients are aware of the Family Mentor program
- Help match volunteer mentors with clients
- Arrange and participate in the first meeting between client(s) and mentor
- Provide support to mentors and answer any questions they have about working with client(s)
- Oversee Family Mentor Newsletter and ensure volunteers receive regular updates and resources for IRC team
- Liaise between direct service staff and mentors when questions or issues arise
- Ensure accurate time logs are completed by volunteer mentors on a monthly basis
- Provide regular reports to direct service staff on status of program and mentor-client matches
- Comfort working with diverse populations and English language learners
- Ability to address volunteer needs and provide support and guidance
- Must be proactive with a strong desire to support clients’ well-being through mentorship program
The Family Mentor intern will learn first-hand about the services provided to newly-arrived refugees and will gain experience running andoverseeing a volunteer program that works to advance the goals of resettlement through one-on-one mentor opportunities.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization that works in the U.S. and around the world to help people whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster as they survive, recover and regain control of their future. We are one of the nine national resettlement agencies that partner with the U.S. Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) to provide services to refugees approved for resettlement through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
Submitting this form does not constitute a commitment, only interest in volunteering. We will reach out with more information shortly after submittal.