International Rescue Committee (IRC Denver)
Family Services Navigator
|Est. Hours:||10-15 hours per week|
The Family Services Navigator Intern’s main responsibility will be helping clients to overcome barriers to self-sufficiency by helping them find and access childcare. The intern will navigate the CCAP/LICCAP/Head Start processes while forming partnerships with childcare providers in order to best meet the needs of IRC Denver’s client families and their children.
- Assist the Public Benefits/Employment team in finding childcare facilities for families
- Prepare childcare applications for both the counties and childcare facilities, working closely with clients/interpreters
- Transport clients to tour childcare facilities
- Provide transportation orientation (bus or walking) for the clients, both to and from childcare facilities
- Attention to detail, patience, organizational skills
- Able to drive clients in their car or willing to take the bus
- Must love interacting with children of all ages
- Must work both in office and out in the field
- Willing to help with other teams/projects/duties as needed
- The Family Services Navigator Intern will learn about the CCAP/LICCAP/Head Start processes and learn about the complexities surrounding childcare that our clients face. The intern will experience working both at the IRC office as well as in the field, and will therefore have a good mix of office/admin work as well as direct interaction with clients.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization that works in the U.S. and around the world to help people whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster as they survive, recover and regain control of their future. We are one of the nine national resettlement agencies that partner with the U.S. Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) to provide services to refugees approved for resettlement through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
Submitting this form does not constitute a commitment, only interest in volunteering. We will reach out with more information shortly after submittal.