International Rescue Committee (IRC Denver)
Housing and Logistics Intern
3 month minimum
|Est. Hours:||10-15 hours/week|
The Housing and Logistics Intern will help newly arrived refugees find permanent housing upon their arrival. They will help with apartment showings and set ups to make sure housing is ready upon or shortly after arrival. They will help with outreach to landlords and property managers across the Denver metro area in order to expand our network of partners willing to house Colorado’s newest refugees. They will also help advocate in the community on behalf of refugees as a population to be considered in the affordable housing discussion.
- Help find homes for new families
- Cultivate relationships with new landlords/property managers
- Travel to site visits and meetings at apartment complexes
- Help with apartment set ups and ensure each home has required items
- Provide a housing orientation for newly arrived refugee clients and ensure they know how to make rent payments and maintenance requests
- Advocate for refugees in the affordable housing discussion
- Some heavy lifting and driving a moving truck during housing set-ups required
- Interpersonal communication, advocacy, public speaking, Microsoft Suite experience
- The Housing and Logistics intern will gain experience navigating the housing market in Denver for the refugee population. They will acquire detailed knowledge about the reception and placement period for newly arrived refugees, funds allocated to refugees, and pubic benefits available for refugees and asylees. They will gain experience advocating for refugees while networking with apartment complexes, landlords, and property manager who will house Denver’s newest refugee population.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization that works in the U.S. and around the world to help people whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster as they survive, recover and regain control of their future. We are one of the nine national resettlement agencies that partner with the U.S. Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) to provide services to refugees approved for resettlement through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
Submitting this form does not constitute a commitment, only interest in volunteering. We will reach out with more information shortly after submittal.