International Rescue Committee (IRC Denver)
Community Integration Intern
3 month minimum
|Est. Hours:||6-10 hours per week|
The Community Integration Intern will provide refugees recently resettled to the Denver Metro area with an opportunity to connect with other refugees, members of the larger Denver community, build community and strengthen positive relationships. This position will support recently arrived refugees’ integration into their new community by providing ways for refugees to engage with the larger Denver community and vice versa. Activities and events will be organized to encourage participation of the larger Denver community with refugee clients.
- Meet weekly with Resettlement Manager to discuss community events and other opportunities to engage refugee clients
- Establish, coordinate, and implement monthly outings for refugee families
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator to identify ways to bring the refugee community and volunteer community together
- Work with Resettlement Manager to bring together refuge clients for quarterly gatherings with community partners (such as Fire Dept., YMCA, Library)
- Strong communication skills
- “Can-do” attitude
- Driver’s license, personal vehicle, auto insurance, and clean driving record required
- Intern will gain experience designing, planning, and implementing programming. They will also develop skills in community outreach, cross cultural communication, organizing volunteers, and community organizing.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization that works in the U.S. and around the world to help people whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster as they survive, recover and regain control of their future. We are one of the nine national resettlement agencies that partner with the U.S. Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) to provide services to refugees approved for resettlement through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
Submitting this form does not constitute a commitment, only interest in volunteering. We will reach out with more information shortly after submittal.