International Rescue Committee (IRC Denver)
Family Stabilization Specialist Intern
6 month minimum
|Est. Hours:||10-15 hrs/wk|
The Family Stabilization Specialist Intern will work directly with the Family Stabilization Specialist with Intensive Case Management. The FSS works directly with cases with any of the following criteria: Severe Mental Health, Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, Substance Use, Elder Abuse, Sexual Assault, LGBTQI, and/or Criminal Court Complications.
- Transport FSS clients to and from appointments when necessary
- Conduct intakes and assessments for clients when necessary
- Work in a trauma informed approach
- Assist clients in connecting to community resources/ educate the community on Refugee 101
- Patient, organized, independent, and able to handle a crisis situation
- Social work background
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program
- Comfortable with a high level of client interaction
- Comfortable taking on own cases and maintaining professionalism and confidentiality
- Must be able to transport clients in a reliable vehicle
- The FSS intern will gain direct client services experience when working with refugees who express a need for resources in any of the 8 FSS categories. Someone with a social work background will best fit this role, as it is heavily focused on connections to outside resources, safety planning when necessary, intakes, assessments, and using a trauma informed and strengths-based perspective.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit humanitarian organization that works in the U.S. and around the world to help people whose lives and livelihoods have been shattered by conflict and disaster as they survive, recover and regain control of their future. We are one of the nine national resettlement agencies that partner with the U.S. Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (PRM) to provide services to refugees approved for resettlement through the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program.
Submitting this form does not constitute a commitment, only interest in volunteering. We will reach out with more information shortly after submittal.