Rocky Mountain Welcome Center
Kindergarten Prep Classroom Assistant
|Project Term:||October 1-December 4, 2019|
|Est. Hours:||2-6 hours per week|
RMWC is seeking applications for an assistant teacher for a kindergarten preparation class for children of immigrant and refugee parents. Class activities are weekly on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00-11:00am starting Monday, September 30, 2019. The volunteer will assist the lead teacher in the classroom, facilitating activities that encourage reading and classroom harmony. Background check required. Kindergarten Prep
1. Assist in daily classroom activities
2. Support head teacher in kindergarten readiness assessments
3. Background check paid for by volunteer
4. Outreach in community for supplies and resources
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Experience working with young children
2. Ability to work independently and creatively
3. Ability to problem solve and be flexible
4. Excellent communication skills with an understanding of intercultural communications
The Rocky Mountain Welcome Center (RMWC) is an immigrant-led multi-tenant, shared space not-for-profit organization with the mission of fostering intercultural learning, understanding and integration among immigrants, refugees and the Colorado residents through programs and activities that develop supportive multicultural communities.
Submitting this form does not constitute a commitment, only interest in volunteering. We will reach out with more information shortly after submittal.